Even though I was thinking not to make any deserts at least until Valentine’s Day I was not able to keep my promise.
I was looking at my coconut raisins granola almost every morning but I was not in the mood for granola breakfast.
But I did not want to get to old so I decided to make something out of these granola. First thing that came to my mind was cookies !!! But no butter in my kitchen.
Not to worry that’s why we have so much opportunities today so I open Google and started browsing for a cookie recipe with no butter.
What capture my attention was Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies from overtimecook.com/2015/01/28/oatmeal-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-without-butter-margarine/.
- 2/3 cup of grape seed oil ( as the recipe asked for; I tried to go ahead with only half a cup but the mixture was to dry )
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar ( the recipe was calling for a cup; I just tried to cut the sugar of and they were quite OK; if you have a sweet tooth I think you should go for the cup of sugar instead )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 whole wheat flour ( the recipe was asking for 2 cups all purpose
- 1 cup raisins granola ( the recipe was calling for 1 cup of old fashion oats )
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries ( the recipe was asking for chocolate chips but I did not have in my pantry; they were great with cranberries as well )
Beat together the oil and peanut butter until creamy and well incorporated. You can use an electric mixer. ( I just used the whisk and worked well ). Add the sugar and eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla extract, oats and cranberries. Add the flour on top of the mixture and the baking powder over and add over the lemon juice. Mix all together until well incorporated.
Scoop the cookies in a cooking sheet lined with cooking paper and bake it the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Just be careful to check them as they burn easily 🙂
Bon Apetite !