This Sunday I was very busy, and because of that, I had to think of a really easy and fast meal. There was no time for my Sunday pancakes, so I made a fresh batch of muffins. I know what you might think, but I did it again. This time I decided for a Peanut butter coffee flavor.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 5 teaspoons of chocolate peanut butter powder
- 1 teaspoon French vanilla instant coffee
- 1 tsp baking soda
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grape seeds oil
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- a few almond flakes for topping
They were moist and delicious, and they had to keep us going until 3 PM when we returned home for a late lunch.
First, I was thinking of ordering out for lunch today, but before I left the house I browsed the internet for a few minutes, and I found a recipe that inspired me. My inspiration was Sabrina from Dinner and then dessert: Easy Greek Pasta Salad. I adapted the recipe with my ingredients and here is the result: Easy Tuna Pasta Salad.
Makes: 4 servings; Prep time: 15 min; Cooking time: 20 min
for the salad:
- 225 gr rice and quinoa fusilli pasta
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup sweet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup green olives
- 3 small tuna cans in olive oil
- 50 gr feta cheese
for the dressing:
- I saved the olive oil from the tuna cans, but I did not use all of it. ( approx 3-4 tbsps )
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Boil the pasta as per the instruction from the package.
Place the cooked pasta in a large porcelain bowl. Add the chopped cucumber, halved tomatoes, red onion, green olives, and tuna.
In a small bowl whisk together: olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and black pepper.
Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and stir slowly. Add some extra black pepper if you wish.
We spoiled ourselves a bit today by having a Chocolate mousse topped with Pistachio Ice Cream ( Indian style. Both, the mousse and ice cream were storebought).
There is a frost advisory here in Toronto, but I would like to end my post with some beautiful yellow tulips and the hope that Spring will come soon 😉 ❤