I would like to start by saying ‘Thank you’ to every one of you by visiting my blog, for your comments and for your inspiration. The best thing about me returning to my blog after 5 years was to discover you all and to realize there is such a wonderful,active community for me to join. I really appreciate your visits and comments, it gives me courage and inspiration to go on.
Normally, I never write down my resolutions for the year but this time, I decided to try something new.
So here there are my 2017 GOALS
- Fitness: move more in general: skip the street car from the subway to work and from work to the subway. This will add 30 minutes walk daily.
- Money: Save more: do not remove the money form saving just because I need one more thing to buy.
- Food: Eat less chocolate and bread ( in this order )
- Recreation: Do more things I like to do: knit, post on my blog, read
- Health: Go earlier to bed: I wake up @ 5:00 am every morning but I go to sleep around 12:00 am each night, so is definitely not enough sleep. I do wake up refreshed but around 11: 00 am I feel like I need a nap. There is the moment where chocolate craving hits. LOL
- Do a relaxing thing every day: Play more with my munchkins: Steve and Sherlock. They are so different and they play in their own way so I have to play the same amount of time with both :). Steve is more active and funny so I tent to spend more time playing with him. 😦
- Entertainment: Meet more with my friends: my best friend told me a few weeks ago that we haven’t been to a movie in three or four years. Crazy, I know.
- Well being: Manage anger better: go for a walk; change the scenario; take a bubble bath; do yoga.
Another one of my resolutions is to drink more water. You know how it is when you’re at work: you’re stressed, you want to finish that report on time, your colleagues are always asking you for this and that and before you know it, it’s time to go home and guess what? You’ve not had a sip of water since morning. Well, that’s me. But I am trying hard to put a stop to this and to make drinking water more enjoyable, I have started drinking homemade infused water. One combination that I absolutely adore is Citrus Spice Infused Water. Aside from being wonderfully refreshing, it also helps with digestion!
Now this is a drink that you might expect to have during the summer when the weather is stiffing hot but really, you can drink this all year round. Just skip the ice cubes. It’s just as delicious, I promise.
2 medium lemons
1 medium lime
1 small cinnamon stick
a few cloves ( about 5 )
1 tbsp pure raw honey
1 mint tea bag
about 10 cups of filtered water
Wash well with hot water: the lemon, lime and clementine. Cut into slices. Add all the ingredients to a pitcher, stir and enjoy it whenever you feel thirsty.