After we ‘overloaded’ on the Overloaded Muffins I was just craving for some savory ones for a change. Personally, I love both. These goodies are called Grab and Go Muffins. I had two for breakfast and two for lunch at work. I could have another two for dinner, no problem if I wouldn’t have to share them 🙂
- 1/2 chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup frozen spinach, (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 free run eggs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parmesan flakes ( save a few cheese flakes for the muffin’s top )
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cashew milk ( you can use any milk of your choice )
- 3 strings green onion ( I would say that green onion is highly recommended in savory muffins. However, I had no green onions handy so I substitute them with 1/4 red onion diced )
- Himalayan salt
- pinch of sweet paprika
Preheat oven to 375 F. Lined a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin papers.
In a on stick skillet saute the onion, spinach and mushrooms for a few minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside to cool down.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Not too much as you have already seasoned for salt the veggies.
In a large bowl mix together the eggs and the milk. Add the chicken, red pepper, Parmesan cheese and veggies mix. Stir until well combined.
Add the dry ingredients over the wet ones and stir gently until well combined.
Scoop the mixture in the prepared tray. Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown on top. Let it cool in the tray for about 5 minutes and than place the muffins of a cooling rack and just enjoy them 😉
5 thoughts on “Savory muffins”
Yummmmmmmmy!! These look and sound so good!
Thanks Bea for stopping by. They were yummy, indeed ! 🙂
Your photos and recipes are great ! Now I realize it’s breakfast time and I can almost smell the muffins baking! 🙂
Oh, Joan! Thanks for the appreciation. Next time I will send you an invitation to a brunch 🙂 Enjoy my recipes and pictures 🙂
Wow , you’re to sweet. When I make another batch you’ll have a few saved 😉