Recently, my hubby became a huge fan of scones. He started buying some scones from a bakery store and while they were not bad at all (obviously), I decided I could do better AND healthier. 😉 Now, I have never made scones before but as you might have guessed from reading my other posts, I am never one to shy away from a challenge. For a first attempt, they came out quite delicious if I do say so myself.
- 1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl combine, all dry ingredients.Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the oil and sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Using your hand, shape about 2 tablespoons of dough into a round kind of shape.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until outer edges are golden.
- Let them cool
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 10 yummy scones
3 thoughts on “Semi-sweet dark chocolate chip scones”
yummy recipe —
Thank you Sangita. Thank you aslo for following my blog. You have a wonderful blog where I have to return to visit thoroughly: Lemon rice and Oreo cheese cake are on the list already. 🙂
Thanks a lot 😊