I don’t know about you, but for me, when it comes to weekends’breakfast is all about PanCakes 🙂
There is an infinite variety but just to remain on a healthy side I adopted and updated my favorite pancake recipe from Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook.
What do you need as per the book recipe; I will add bolded and italicize my update:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour ( I used 1 cup all purpose 1 cup whole grain flour )
- 1/3 cup pf sugar ( 3 table spoons of sugar )
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder ( 1 table spoon of baking powder )
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of 1% milk
- 1/2 cup fat – free egg substitute ( 2 medium organic eggs )
- 2 tablespoons of oats
- 1 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
How you make it:
In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, oats, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries. Make an indentation in the middle of the four mixture, add the eggs and milk and whisk together.
Spray or brush a non-stick pan with olive oil ( peanut oil work as well if handy; I tried ones and I liked it ). Pour 1/4 cupful of batter and cook for about 3 minutes each side. When bubbles appear and margins of the pancakes look dry turn the pancake over.
Repeat with the remaining batter, making a total of 12 pancakes.
One thing is certain … you cannot stop after just one. 🙂
PS. What I did not mentioned if you really feel like indulging leave a square of chocolate to melt on top of your pancake or pour some maple syrup. Yummy !!!