My daughter told me while she was indulging a piece of Blueberry Pie
” Mom, could have the filling ? All I like is the dough !”
” Sure ! Maybe you should just have a cookie instead of a piece of pie ! LOL ”
I woke up Sunday morning with only one thought: to make some cookies.
What I used for about 12- 14 cookies
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 eggs ( lightly beaten )
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar ( the only one I had home now, I believe any kind if suger will work)
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- natural vanilla extract ( you can also use almond extract; I just ran out and did not have handy)
How you do it:
Mix the flour and oats in a large bowl. Beat the eggs. Make a hole in the flour and pour the eggs, sugar and melted and cooled butter and mix well. Also add the vanilla extract mix ti incorporate.
Line a baking tray with baking sheet and with an ice cream scoop place the cookie dough 1,5 – 2 inch apart.
Bake for approx. 15- 20 min depending on the oven. The cookies were a bit soft when I removed them from the oven but they will shape up in a few minutes while they are cooling on a cooling rack.