Could I have added more chocolate ? Oh, yes !!!
I would have added white chocolate chips if I would have had any handy.
It took me quite a few years to get the courage to try making cookies. I always had the impression they are a really big deal. When a rec therapist from my work did it in a cooking class with our clients, I decided that if they could do it ( and I had one and they were amazing 🙂 ) I could to it too.
I asked my colleague for the recipe just to play safe. However, it took me another few weeks until I said: today is the big day.
No Butter Granola Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Some of them ” melted ‘ too fast and had no chance to reach the picture session. LOL
Now I decided to leave away the raisin and granola and to go on chocolate side 🙂
Cappuccino – chocolate cookies
What I used:
- 1/2 cup whole grain flour
- 3/4 cup a; purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 table spoons Organic Macaccino Drink Mix
( because I ran out of cacao powder and I forgot )
- chocolate chips ( I cut into pieces a half of the package ‘ Bakers semi-sweet dark chocolate )
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup of soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
How you do it:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar. Add brandy, salt and eggs ( one at a time ) and mix together thoroughly.
- Mix together the two flours, cappuccino mix and baking powder.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix well by folding in the ingredients. Add the chopped chocolate.
- With a ice-cream spoon place the cookies in a tray lined with cooking paper leaving, about 1 inch apart
- Bake for about 10 min. NO LONGER THAN 10 MIN. They seem to be soft and you might think are not done but they will settle when you let them rest 5 min in the tray and than for about 10 min on a cooling rack.
2 thoughts on “Cappuccino – chocolate cookies”
I would have them anytime of the day! Breakfast, lunch dessert or afternoon coffee!
You’re so right dear Zoe 🙂 Kisses 🙂